14745 Sabillasville Road
Thurmont, MD 21788
Fax: 240-236-8101 Fax
Catoctin High is surrounded by rolling farmland in the foothills of the Blue Ridge Mountains. It is a true community school, where students, staff, parents and business partners feel at home, especially each September when the campus showcases the rich agricultural heritage and craftsmanship that have thrived here for generations. Parents are actively involved so that students meet or exceed academic standards and accept responsibility for their conduct, character and achievement. Challenging academic programs complement our emphasis on personal growth to guarantee students’ successful transition to post-secondary endeavors.
Recently renovated, CHS boasts some of the finest academic, technological and athletic facilities in Frederick County. With a new greenhouse, we are positioned to implement an Environmental Science Academy that also reaches into our primary and middle schools. Our staff, combined with trained student-service learners, plan to capitalize on partnerships with the Chesapeake Bay Foundation and local environmental groups to make the most of Maryland’s natural resources and prepare our students for related careers.
Our dedicated and highly skilled staff members take pride in our students’ many accomplishments. Teaching and learning is serious business, but we share fun and laughter along the way! We look forward to working together each day as we bring our school’s mission to life and enhance the academic, social, emotional, and physical well-being of our fine students.
- American Indian/Alaskan Native: 0.3%
- Asian: 0.9%
- Black/African American: 1.2%
- Hispanic/Latino: 7.2%
- Hawaiian/Other Pacific Islander: 0.3%
- White: 87.0%
- 2+ Races: 3.1%
- Free/Reduced Price Meals: 29.0%
- English Language Learners: 0.5%
- Special Education: 11.4%
- Title I: 0.0%
- 2019 Maryland School Performance Data provides a summary of state-reported school performance data. Due to lagged data reporting, the report may include performance data for the prior school year.
- The 2019 Maryland Report Card provides information on enrollment, demographics, attendance, state assessments, and other supporting data based on district level.