Any changes in transportation must be emailed to both the attendance email and the classroom teacher no later than 2:30 pm. This supports ensuring your student accesses the correct transportation on that date.
If your child is absent, please send a note to their teacher.
- Absence notes need to be turned in within 2 days of your child’s absence and should include the following:
- First and and last name of your child
- Dates of absence
- Teacher name
- Reason for absence
- Most important your signature
If your child is absent, we will be making daily phone calls to ensure that your child is supposed to be missing school.
- Any students without absence notes will have their absence coded as unlawful.
- 5 unlawful absences in a term will result in failing the term.
- All students with 10 or more absences will need doctor’s note for absences beyond the 10th day.
Thank you for helping us!
Regular daily attendance is expected and critical to a child's academic success. Parents' support of regular daily attendance is essential. Parents are encouraged to notify the school on the day their child is absent. A note stating the reason for absence or lateness is required upon students' return, or the absence is automatically classified as unlawful until an approved note is provided. Students who were absent from school have the responsibility to request make-up work within two days of their return. For details, please see Regulation 400-98.
Families of students accumulating excessive absences will be notified routinely by letter. With continued absences, a doctor’s verification may be required for additional days beyond the monthly and quarterly maximum. IMPORTANT NOTE: Students who are granted out-of-district status and do not comply with school rules and regulations (including: attendance, truancy, tardiness, and behavior) may have their out-of-district status rescinded or denied according to FCPS Regulation 400-15.