September 19th - 23rd: Spirit Week Start With Hello Week
Friday 23rd: Pajamas or relaxed clothing ( athleisure) School should feel comfortable!
Friday, September 23rd - Fair Day 3.5 Early Dismissal
Monday, September 26th - Schools Closed for Rosh Hashanah
September 15th - October 15th: Hispanic Heritage Month
Frederick County Goes Purple in September
Frederick County will observe National Recovery Month during September by launching Frederick County Goes Purple (FCGP). FCGP is a massive grassroots call-to-action campaign to unify our Frederick County community and reduce substance-related deaths and overdoses. According to FrederickCountyMd.gov, there were 358 suspected non-fatal and 34 fatal opioid-related overdoses in Frederick County in 2020. The non-fatal figure is down by 37 and fatalities are down by 25 as compared to 2019, but we still have work to do.
There are three Key Messages promoted by the campaign:
1. WE CARE- Frederick County supports those who struggle with addiction and their loved ones.
2. HOPE/HELP IS HERE- The Frederick County community offers hope and resources.
3. LET'S TALK- We invest in the youth of Frederick County through prevention education.
How can you support Frederick County Goes Purple?
- Wear purple every Friday during the month of September
- Share your message and purple pics on social media using hashtags #FCPSgoesPurple and #FrederickCountyGoesPurple
- Save a Life! Attend a free Virtual Overdose Response Training: https://health.frederickcountymd.gov/546/Overdose-Response-Training-Naloxone-Dist
The entire community is encouraged to Go Purple this September and throughout the year to bring awareness and understanding of mental health and substance use disorders, and to celebrate those living in recovery.
For additional information about additional Frederick County Goes Purple events visit their website at www.FrederickCountyGoesPurple.com.