Mrs. Albee is accepting gently used LEGOS, Lincoln Logs, Duplos, and any other building type sets your child no longer uses. Please consider donating to the Media Center.
- If you missed the Online yearbook order, we have 30 extra copies. $25 Each.
- Send cash or check (made out to Whittier Elementary) to Mrs. Albee in the Media Center to reserve one. The first 30 people to purchase will reserve them for distribution day.
- All students will then get their books on Tuesday, May 30th (distribution day).
- Contact: Kelley.Albee@fcps.org
- Book Fair
- Mrs. Albee is thankful for this community! The Buy One, Get One Fair was a hit! We sold $12,670.00 in books! This type of fair gives the majority of the benefits to the community, but the Media Center still earned about $1,500 for library books and supplies.
- Thanks You to the volunteers! We cannot do it without you!
- Books are Due
- All books are due Monday, May 22nd.
- Missing book lists will come out by mid week.
- Please check the car, under beds, bookshelves, and anywhere else the books might be.
May 23rd: PTA Pastries with Parents @ 7:45-8:30am in cafeteria
For Field Day on Tuesday, 23rd, the following guidance will be helpful in ensuring that your child is prepared for a good day.
- Come to school in an outfit that can be comfortable when it is wet.
- Wear Sneakers
- Apply sunscreen before arriving to school
- Bring an extra outfit and additional shoes to change after all of the stations have ended
- Bring a towel to dry off with and eat lunch on
- Bring sun protective gear like sunglasses and hats
- Bring a bottle of water with name written on it for field day activities
- If packing a lunch, a brown paper bag is encouraged for quick clean up during picnic time
- In the event of rain, field day will be rescheduled for Wednesday May 31st. If the date is changed you will be notified by FindOutFirst and One Call Text Message
- Talk to your child about expectations for sportsmanship. It's always encouraging when we see participants carry themselves with positivity and a good attitude whether they win or lose. Our events can be competitive, but are also designed to encourage team participation and cooperation.
May 24th: 5th Grade Move-up Day to West Frederick Middle (9:00-11:30am)
May 25th: 5th Grade Promotion Ceremony in cafeteria 1:00-3:00pm
What: 5th Grade Promotion and Celebration for 5th Graders and their parents and school staff.
When: Thursday, May 25th beginning promptly at 1:30pm. Please plan to arrive by 1:00pm
Where: Whittier Elementary School Cafeteria
Who: Parents and teachers of our 5th graders
Why: To celebrate our students as they prepare to move on to Middle School in the fall.
- families are limited to four guests total due to rated capacity of the facility (Fire Code)
- siblings who are school-aged will remain in their classrooms during this event.
- Families will have opportunities for pictures both during and following the ceremony
- Families will be able to sign their students out at the end of the ceremony. Sign-out stations will be set up in the gym adjacent to the cafeteria.
- The safety and security of our students, staff, and families is of paramount importance. Your patience and cooperation are very much appreciated.
- We are incredibly excited to celebrate this group of students. They have accomplished a lot and we are proud to send them to Middle School as former Whittier students.
May 26th: 5th Grade Celebration Picnic 12:00-3:00 on back field
May 29th: Memorial Day (no school)
June 2nd: Last Day of School for students (2-hr early dismissal)
Annual Flag Lowering Ceremony @ 9:30
Move-up activities to meet the next grade level team before summer
5th grade clap-out
Enrollment for pre-k and kindergarten for the 2023-2024 school year is coming soon: Find all the information you need about enrollment HERE