ROCK CREEK SCHOOL's mission is to provide a safe, respectful, caring and enjoyable learning environment in which students can develop communication and independent-living skills to achieve their full potential at school, at home and in their communities.
We provide individualized special education programs for Frederick County students with severe intellectual, physical, emotional, hearing, visual and learning disabilities, from age 3 through the school year they reach 21. We admit students through the County Individualized Education Program (IEP) process.
RCS offers a life-skills curriculum with emphasis on functional academic skills, social skills training, community-based instruction, personal management and communication skills. Older students participate in vocational training, supported employment and workstudy programs. Some are referred to the FCPS Career & Technology Center for consumer education and transition skills classes. Transition planning prepares graduating students for employment or additional training through adult day placements. Related services include adapted art, music and physical education, swimming, physical and occupational therapy, and speech and language therapy.
To coordinate services for students and their families, RCS works closely with the ARC of Frederick County, Frederick County Developmental Center, Division of Rehabilitative Services, and the Developmental Disabilities Administration.
We welcome parents and guardians seeking further information about our programs.
- American Indian/Alaskan Native: 0.0%
- Asian: 3.9%
- Black/African American: 23.7%
- Hispanic/Latino: 13.2%
- Hawaiian/Other Pacific Islander: 0.0%
- White: 52.6%
- 2+ Races: 6.6%
- Free/Reduced Price Meals: 35.5%
- English Language Learners: 0.0%
- Special Education: 100.0%
- Title I: %
- 2019 Maryland School Performance Data provides a summary of state-reported school performance data. Due to lagged data reporting, the report may include performance data for the prior school year.
- The 2019 Maryland Report Card provides information on enrollment, demographics, attendance, state assessments, and other supporting data based on district level.