The Frederick County Public Schools EMSRVP is a high quality remote learning experience for students in Grade 3-8. FCPS teachers, utilizing the FCPS curriculum, instruct students in a remote learning setting that includes regular live synchronous and asynchronous learning opportunities. Read more
Current School Year 2023-2024
Applications are still being accepted for the FCPS Remote Virtual Program for current students in Grades 3-8 for the 2023-24 school year for two more timeframes:
- Upcoming Enrollment Date: February 20
- Application Deadline: February 6
Final Enrollment date for 2023-2024 school year:
- Upcoming Enrollment Date: March 25
- Application Deadline: March 11
MARCH 11 is the FINAL DAY TO APPLY for the 2023-2024 school year. After March 11, the application will be deactivated
Applications will be reviewed on a first-come, first-served basis, with enrollment availability based on program and class capacity.
Next School Year 2024-2025
The Application for SY 24/25 is closed at this time, please check back in May.
Applications will be reviewed on a first-come, first-served basis, with enrollment offers to approved applicants by mid-March. The program will close to new applicants once student enrollment capacity has been reached.
Elementary/Middle School applications were due by February 15, 2024.
Why consider the Remote Virtual Program
The program follows the same 180-day FCPS academic calendar year approved by the Board of Education of Frederick County.
Students enroll in the Remote Virtual Program for a variety of reasons. The most common reasons provided:
- The virtual learning environment is preferred instead of in-person instruction.
- Students prefer the modified daily school schedule, which provides more flexibility.
- Teachers lead daily live synchronous instruction.
- Students can remain connected to their home school of attendance for extracurricular activities.
Students who thrive in a remote learning environment have:
- An ability to work independently
- Enjoy reading to learn
- Have a commitment to attend classes daily and actively participate with cameras on
- Are willing to ask questions and take advantage of available support
- Have the ability to self-reflect
More information for families