SABILLASVILLE ELEMENTARY is in the Catoctin Mountains, at the top of Route 550 between Thurmont, Maryland and Blue Ridge Summit, Pennsylvania. Our small student population and unique setting make Sabillasville Elementary a special place.
School staff and student interactions are positive, and we enjoy much community and parental support. Our students have opportunities to work in flexible groups as well as small- and large-group settings. They have daily access to computers and the media center. Through programs such as learning and language support, guidance and special education, additional support is readily available to students as needed. They can also participate in the Accelerated Reader Program.
We monitor student progress frequently, and it is our expectation that all students will achieve. At Sabillasville, students, staff and families work together to make each day a positive, fruitful and rewarding learning experience.
- American Indian/Alaskan Native: 0.0%
- Asian: 0.0%
- Black/African American: 1.4%
- Hispanic/Latino: 4.3%
- Hawaiian/Other Pacific Islander: 0.0%
- White: 92.8%
- 2+ Races: 1.4%
- Free/Reduced Price Meals: 30.4%
- English Language Learners: 1.4%
- Special Education: 4.3%
- Title I: 0.0%
- 2019 Maryland School Performance Data provides a summary of state-reported school performance data. Due to lagged data reporting, the report may include performance data for the prior school year.
- The 2019 Maryland Report Card provides information on enrollment, demographics, attendance, state assessments, and other supporting data based on district level.