NEW MARKET MIDDLE SCHOOL is located on the edge of the historic town of New Market.
The beautiful setting helps to create the positive environment that our students enjoy. The school is an integral part of the community, with facilities used by a variety of community groups that provide programs for our students ranging from enrichment clubs to sporting activities. This community spirit helps New Market Middle truly live our motto:
“Positive Experiences + High Expectations = Excellence for All.”
Students enter NMMS with the expectation that all can learn and that there is no limit to their potential. Our faculty helps students achieve in challenging classes. We support a strong academic program with weekly teacher tutoring, mentoring and academic counseling.
New Market Middle School’s Vision of increased student achievement will continue to focus our entire staff on quality instruction and beneficial extra-curricular activities. We will continue to improve the instructional program to help our students acquire the requisite skills to be successful in high school and beyond.
- American Indian/Alaskan Native: 0.1%
- Asian: 3.4%
- Black/African American: 3.1%
- Hispanic/Latino: 10.8%
- Hawaiian/Other Pacific Islander: 0.1%
- White: 76.3%
- 2+ Races: 6.1%
- Free/Reduced Price Meals: 18.3%
- English Language Learners: 1.5%
- Special Education: 12.4%
- Title I: %
- 2019 Maryland School Performance Data provides a summary of state-reported school performance data. Due to lagged data reporting, the report may include performance data for the prior school year.
- The 2019 Maryland Report Card provides information on enrollment, demographics, attendance, state assessments, and other supporting data based on district level.